Theme hotels In Northeastern Region?

Oct 8th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Sasha

Theme hotels In Northeastern Region?

Does anyone know any hotels that have theme rooms within a driving distance from NYC? I know that Radisson Valley Forge in PA has fantacy/theme rooms, but want to do more research and see what other options I have. Thank you.

Oct 8th, 2001, 01:42 PM
jo

Not sure exactly what kind of 'theme' you're talking about (though--is the Radisson hotel you're talking about formerly a Sheraton, with the "Lilly Langtry " theater?) but take a look at the Litchfield Inn, about a 2 hour drive from NYC in the beautiful Litchfield hills area of Connecticut
http://www.litchfieldinnct.com/theme.htm

Oct 8th, 2001, 01:56 PM
Owen O'Neill

The Adelphi Hotel in Saratoga Springs NY has a series of rooms all decorated completely differently wiht different themes. It's a very hostoric hotel with a remarkable and quaint lobby area and bar. A friend who stayed there on the third floor advised that water pressure was poor on that floor - I'd advise staying on the second floor in one of the rooms that faces Broadway - if the weather cooperates each of those rooms has a private verandah facing the street where you can sit and watch passers-by.

Oct 9th, 2001, 07:14 AM
Sasha

Thanks for your help! I'm not exactly looking for historical/victorian theme rooms. What I'm looking for is more like theme/fantacy rooms that you'll be transported to a land of a thousand fantasies. For example, Titanic room - duplicated the stateroom from one of the most famous movies ever made.

Oct 9th, 2001, 08:22 AM
howisthis

Sasha: Looking for fantasies? How about the the Jacuzzi rooms at the Mount Airy Resort in Poconos,PA. They feature a heart shaped Jacuzzi for 2 in the room. You create your own fantasies!