The Willard Intercontinental was wonderful!

Nov 25th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Uni

The Willard Intercontinental was wonderful!

We just returned from 4 days at the Willard Hotel and it was one of the nicest hotel experiences we've ever had. The staff is so very pleasant and gracious, and the hotel is just beautiful. And location is important as well. We'd stayed in a few other hotels in DC over the last several years and while they were nice, you can't beat the location of the Willard. It's in a fabulous location, right on PA Ave and so close to all the things tourists want to see. That's a big help considering all the walking one does. The bar is a great and cozy place for a drink (and a great mixed nuts selection) and people watching if you get a chair near the window. We loved this hotel!!!!!!

Nov 25th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Annie

Uni:
Can you tell me how much you paid for your stay?

Nov 25th, 2001, 01:14 PM
James

The Willard certainly looks like an ideal place to stay for Washington sightseeing. If I may ask, did you pay more or less than the lowest rate of $450/night-weekdays that their website is showing? If you found a lower rate, where? Thanks.

Nov 25th, 2001, 01:25 PM
AC

Hi Uni:
We all seem to be thinking the same thing!! I like what I see but the prices are shy high!!
Hopw we are all not too nosy !

Nov 26th, 2001, 09:34 AM
Dawn

Hi all,
I can't speak for Uni and how much she paid but I was there in April over Easter and paid $219/night. We had a great view of the front with the Washington Monument (there are only a few rooms in front so make sure you ask) and the room was spacious and lovely. Great great location. Even had a chance to watch Bush come home from his ranch after the holiday. Easy to do since it's right next door! They usually have weekend specials (you may also be able to use a 50% off coupon if you redeemed any miles from UA) because the Inter-Continental is on the list.

Hope this helps. Enjoy.

Nov 27th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Uni

We had a "Thanksgiving Package" which was $199. per night which included a choice of free breakfast, or free parking, or a room upgrade (I think) etc. We chose the breakfast. I called the 800# for the rate, but then saw the breakfast (or etc.) special on the Internet. Expedia.com also had that rate. They did tell me that there are no guarantees about what room (view) you'll have. I guess we just got lucky to which I am very grateful because I was in my glory just staring out the window in the middle of the night! It looks a little stuffy but the staff isn't at all, very helpful and friendly.

Search this Thread