Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

NYC, restaurant suggestions for weekly "date night."

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are planning on "weekly date nights" where will have the sitter stay a little later on Thursday and we'll grab dinner after work.

Some of our NYC favorites include: Da Silvano, Orsay, Les Halles, Flor Del Sol, Calle Ocho, Zarela, and a whole host of others.

I'd welcome suggestions for your favorite spots and some hidden gems. Neighborhood not an issue

Thanks
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 10:09 AM

I love that you are doing this. Try Montrachet in Tribeca on a Monday nite, it is bring your own wine night. They have several price fix menus, or order off the regular menu. The food is wonderful.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 12:33 PM

I just had an amazing meal last night at David Burke & Donatella. I think it was 61st between Lex & Park. They are taking reservations 6 weeks out. Crowd was well dressed-men in suits and gorgeous women in head to toe black. Barbara Walters at the next table. Food was to die for, and the service was perfect. Prices are about $14 - $20 on apps, $24 - $38 entrees. They start you off with an amuse from the chef. Then one appetizer we had was tuna & salmon tartare with salmon roe, caviar, and creme freche--melted on your tongue mouth wateringly good. The fish was perfect. For dessert, you have to try the cheesecake lollypop tree with bubble gum whipped cream. The homemade sorbets & ice creams are devine. Even the dinner roll was too tempting to pass on. One of the most pleasant dining out 'dates' my husband and I have had in a long time. Just make sure you stress that you want to sit in the main dining room. The other room is too noisy. We made another reservation on our way out. Oh and the best part---if you are a smoker, they have a hummer limousine parked in front of the restaurant for smokers to hang out in. Couldn't believe it!
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 01:13 PM

my wife and I love Il Baggato and Supper in the lower east side area. fabulous atmosphere if a bit small but the food is outstanding.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 01:24 PM

The Tasting Room in the East Village is a fantastic date spot -