Reload this Page >

THE VENETIAN HOTEL IN LAS VEGAS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 04:57 PM
joanie

I have been thinking of staying at the Venetian while in Las Vegas. Lately it seems that I have been reading several negative comments about the hotel. Is the hoel starting to wear? How about the service? Is it still worth the price they charge?

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Mike

The service was never outstanding (relative to the price). The rooms are still fine. The hotel caters to quite a few conventions these days, and service has continued to decline.
In the same price range, Bellagio offers a better overall experience IMO.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:19 PM
Sandy

I have to agree with Mike. The Venetian never had the kind of service you'd expect at such a nice hotel. The rooms here are very nice, but as far as overall, I would absolutely recommend Bellagio over Venetian.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:25 PM
xxx

The whole idea of the Venetian with it's plastic rendition of a canal and its cheap boats trying to pass itself off as Venice was always beyond me. I admit I've never seen a room, but the whole hotel is tacky with a capital T. Pick somehwhere else.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:48 PM
bell

It may be outlandish to recreate ST Marks Square and the canals but the hotel isn't "tacky"...although truth is-Las Vegas IS tacky!but there are much cheesier hotels.
I don't think the hotel is showing wear yet, it is not very old.The rooms are nice and large, they cater to conventions a lot.None of the hotels is worth the price they ask! but try to get a special.Check with the Bellagio, they always have decent specials. Their service is excellent,the rooms are great.