Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   The Screwiest Thing I've Seen on Fodors (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/the-screwiest-thing-ive-seen-on-fodors-480792/)

dwoodliff Oct 16th, 2004 10:30 PM

The Screwiest Thing I've Seen on Fodors

All right. Explain this.

Tonight, I decided to look up a few threads from the last month or so, and print out information for my upcoming Vegas trip. I clicked on one particular post, scrolled through, and noticed a couple of posts from ME -- under my screen name -- on topics of which I have no knowledge whatsoever! Having read the threads previously, I vaguely remembered the postings, but they certainly weren't mine. Heck, I'd never even heard of most of the places named in these postings, much less would I recommend them (having not ever been there).

So, tell me, how did this happen? Has it happened to anyone else? Am I the only one visiting the Twilight Zone? (P.S. -- I don't drink.)

Donna

April Oct 17th, 2004 12:40 AM

Were the postings with your name on them (not the entire thread) from some ago - from back before names were clickable blue? Back then someone else used my name too and they wrote about places I've never been.

OO Oct 17th, 2004 02:44 AM

Your screen name is almost identical to someone else's Donna (I think his first name is Dan, but last name is almost identical). Could you have been reading his posts? I'm no longer sure which of you I'm reading unless you sign your name at the end.

Mama Oct 17th, 2004 02:58 AM

Agree with OO

Judyrem Oct 17th, 2004 05:44 AM

Agree with OO and Mama :-).

Scarlett Oct 17th, 2004 06:13 AM

Oh, heck, I just agree with Everybody :D

Actually, Donna, I thought you were Dan when you first started posting, check and see if those "not you" postings might be from a guy named Dan :)

nkd Oct 17th, 2004 06:27 AM

Donna?
I agree with OO, Mama and Scarlett too.

Meesthare Oct 17th, 2004 06:45 AM

As far as I'm concerned, if it's good enough for OO and Scarlett, it's certainly good enough for me! :)

Scarlett Oct 17th, 2004 06:47 AM

OK, it is getting waaay too agreeable here...I disagree with Me!!

Dan Oct 17th, 2004 07:16 AM

For the record, I'm not the Dan in question, either! :-)

I think the screwiest thing I've ever seen on Fodors is that guy from San Jose who had major hangups about Union Square. Total mess!

mrwunrfl Oct 17th, 2004 07:22 AM

For the record, I disagree with Scarlett on this thread.

GoTravel Oct 17th, 2004 07:33 AM

I agree to disagree with mrw.

Does anyone have the time?

Meesthare Oct 17th, 2004 08:19 AM

I disagree with having the time. But if I did have the time, I'd probably waste it anyway.

Patrick Oct 17th, 2004 08:28 AM

Well, for my part, I'd like to agree with everybody, especially those who disagree with those who agree, but even more I'd like to agree with the agreeable ones.

jor Oct 17th, 2004 08:45 AM

I agree with everyone who disagreed with the ones who agree. Dwooldliff, maybe you had a bit too much of the cooking sherry when you wrote those unexplained posts. Lay of the booze sweety!

OO Oct 17th, 2004 08:55 AM

Another interesting avenue to explore...is it <i>possible</i> dwoodliff, that you are a time traveler and don't realize it? You have taken and written about those trips...but they were written when you were in your future??

This could be an exciting break through! ;)

mrwunrfl Oct 17th, 2004 08:56 AM

I once read that the measure of another person's intelligence is the extent to which they agree with you. What do you think of that?

GoTravel Oct 17th, 2004 10:05 AM

Wednesday?

Marilyn Oct 17th, 2004 10:20 AM

mrwunrfl, I certainly agree with your last post (if you agree with me, that is).

Donna, I don't suppose we can blame the cats again?

Dan, for goodness sake, <b>DO NOT SPEAK HIS NAME(S)!!</b> He has been gone for some time now and we do NOT want him back!

mrwunrfl Oct 17th, 2004 10:38 AM

One of the screwiest things was the discussion about germs on the clean freak thread some time ago. And then the threads where it seems like a person is posting under multiple screen names.

Marilyn, you are obviously very intelligent.