"The Ivy" Beverly Hills...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a reservation there for lunch on Saturday. Anyone have an idea on what I can expect? Lunch and cocktails for under $40? What's the menu like? Any info appreciated.

Thanks,
Cricket
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 08:30 AM

I'm hoping you're suggesting one cocktail and lunch (one course) for one for the $40. You may just make it.

The best thing and probably most popular on the menu for lunch is the chopped salad, which I think is somewhere in the mid to upper $20 range currently. It is very good as is all the food -- varied menu -- as much like brunch as lunch. It is pretty and fun, but very expensive for what it is.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a fun place.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 03:17 PM

Cricket:

Bring more money...lots more.

Do not bring your camera. We took my girlfriend their for dinner...horribly expensive...she is worth every penny.
The staff came "running" like their was a fire when I took my camera out to take OUR pictures. It is FORBIDDEN as the "stars" dine there.

Livid, I explained I had no intentions to take anyone's photo except ours...

While, VERY nice about it I was told in the most professional and calm voice that if I had a problem with the policy that they would fetch our Limo... immediately.

My girlfriend says no, no, no...just call her a taxi...I'm stayin'!

LOL...enjoy!
Old Sep 11th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the camera advice. I would NEVER DREAM about taking anyone else's picture at a restaurant, but it would be kinda nice to have a pic of my sis and I. Guess that's out of the question. We'll take one out front after lunch. I'll bring plenty of money, too. Just wanted a ballpark figure to make sure I wasn't in completely over my head.

Thanks,
Cricket
Old Sep 11th, 2004, 12:14 PM

HI CRICKET.
I AM NATIVE CALIFORNIAN. THE IVY ON ROBERTSON IS MY FAVORITE SPOT. LIKE ANDREW SAID, THE CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD $22.00 IS MY STANDARD. IF YOU CAN CALL BACK AND ASK TO SIT OUTSIDE IN THE DAY TIME. THE DECOR IS WONDERFUL IN AND OUT. DON'T MISS THE OWNERS WIFE'S STORE INDIGO SEAS NEXT DOOR. BOTH ARE PRICEY AND WORTH IT! OTHER FAVORITES IN LA- SHOPPING ON MONTANA IN SANTA MONICA- ROOM WITH A VIEW, JILL ROBERTS, CINZIA TO NAME A FEW OF THE BEST. FRED SEGAL SANTA MONICA IS A MUST. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK.
Old Sep 11th, 2004, 12:57 PM

Why do so many computers seem to have broken capital letter lock keys that are broken? Is it a major manufacturing flaw? Or why is it that so many people think they need to SHOUT everything they say?
Old Sep 12th, 2004, 03:38 PM

Patrick I am sorry you were so annoyed with the caps. No shouting intended here.
Have fun!
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 08:37 AM

Hugely overpriced for completely forgettable food. Chances are you will be placed in the back room where no self-respecting star would ever show his face. My advice - cruise Robertson for the funky boutique shopping and a leisurly walk by the Ivy, but have your lunch somewhere else. Chaya Brasserie on nearby Alden is a good choice, as is La Di Da, the Newsroom, or Michelia.