Reload this Page >

The Inn at Sunset Cliffs or The Ocean Park Inn San Diego

Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

Going to San Diego once again in November. We previously have stayed at The Ocean Park Inn and very much enjoyed it. www.oceanparkinn.com

We are also interested in The Inn at Sunset Cliffs located Point Loma. Hotel website is www.innatsunsetcliffs.com I have also looked at the reviews on www.tripadvisor and they are quite good.

Anyone have a opinion on The Inn at Sunset Cliffs vs. Ocean Park Inn? The Inn at Sunset Cliffs is a little closer to where our son lives. Help me decide.

Sandy
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:37 PM

Haven't stayed at either place, but you brought back so many memories for me!

Sunset Cliffs is where I used to go after work for some quiet time with the ocean and sunset. Lovely residential and quiet area. Great ocean views. Have walked along the cliffs many times. Don't know if there is a beach or even whether one could walk down to a beach, if it exists.

Ocean Park is much busier, as you know. The Green Flash Restaurant is one of my all-time favorites on the continental US. Lots more people rollerblading, walking, jogging by. Right on the beach. Busy, busy!

Thanks for the memories!
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

easytraveler:

Thanks for sharing your memories and I have made a note of The Green Flash restaurant.

Sandy
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 06:38 AM
ltt

sun set cliffs is such a beautiful area. i think since it sounds like you've stayed at pb a few times, why not try this new place. the closest beach would be ocean beach i believe. there use to be a great restaurant just to the south of the pier on the beach front road. there was a fancy portion upstairs and more casual downstairs. had some great fish dinners there. grab some food from a grocery store and go sit on sunset cliffs (end of santa cruz street/avenue) and have a picnic dinner a night or two. fabulous watching the waves crash and the sun go down.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 07:43 AM

Good for you, SandyBrit!

The food at The Green Flash is nothing special. Just a lot of good memories again for me: inside with a rowdy crowd of good friends or outside quietly on the tiny patio watching the sunset and the world go by on the beach.

Read the fun posting about the name - and try and watch for the "green flash".

Sounds like a great trip for you!
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Original Poster

ltt:

I like your idea of giving The Inn at Sunset Cliffs a try and your idea for takeaway dinner. You are correct this will be our 4th visit to San Diego where our son now lives.

easytraveler:

Hope to have some good memories from The Green Flash Restaurant - sounds like our kind of place.

Thank you for sharing.

Sandy

Sandy
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 05:53 AM

I recently tried Thee Bungalow restaurant in Ocean Beach at the suggestion of another Fodorite. It was fantastic! Continental cuisine in a casual setting in a small house. Across the street is another rest. owned by same people called 3rd Corner. Here's the website which will lead you to both.

http://www.theebungalow.com/main.html
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

mclaurie:

Had a quick look at the website of the restaurants you recommended and must say they book look lovely. Thanks.

Sandy
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Sorry - the sentence should read they "both" look lovely.

Sandy