The Inn at Biltmore or B & B over Valentine's Day

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going south for a month, want to visit the Biltmore Estate enroute. We will have a couple of nights. Suggestions for either the Inn or a bed & breakfast... due to the time of year, how important is the hotel? We do like nice and we want excellent food.
Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 02:28 AM

the Inn on Biltmore Estate just garnered a Conde Naste Top award however so did Richmond Hill Inn - I'd reserve there over the Inn but wonder if you'll be able to get anything so late.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Leah, thank you for your reply... my husband wants to stay at the Inn, now we have to decide whether to include dinners or just reserve when we get there. Do you have a recommendation for dinner in Asheville other than one night at the Inn, or should we just plan both meals there. Thanks for your help. Can you eat at the Richmond Hill Inn if you are not staying there?
We will spend two nights at the Inn at Biltmore.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 07:47 AM

The Inn at Biltmore is gorgeous. I love the rooms.

You can just eat at the Richmond Hill Inn. They offer an afternoon tea if that is of any interest.

Stop by the Grove Park Inn and warm up in front of the massive fire. I don't particularly like the restaurants there, but I do like to stop by and have drinks and appetizers in front of the fire at the lobby bar.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 07:49 AM

You may also enjoy a wine tasting on the Biltmore estate and then have a meal at the Deer Park.

http://www.biltmore.com/plan/dining/deerpark.shtml
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 08:58 AM
mlw

The Bistro at the winery is nice too, just down the hill from the Inn. (We walked down from the inn and took the shuttle back up!)One nice thing about the Inn,there is a shuttle that takes you all over the Estate.Fun to browse thru the store at the winery,all kinds of gourmet foods,kitchen items, etc.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 09:00 AM

I've eaten at the Bistro several times and it has always been very good.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 09:26 AM

We've had some great meals (and wine)at The Market Place in downtown Asheville. The Inn on Biltmore has a good restaurant but I wouldn't have all of my meals there.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help... We really could not decide if it would be smarter to use the Inn's Romantic Getaway Package with meals (breakfasts and dinners)or just rooms only at the Inn. We could not fine the costs anywhere of meals at the Inn. We don't mind spending ($75-$125 per person) for a meal if it is really good but we don't want to be ripped off either! Gabrielle's at Richmond Hill looks really nice and we found a ballpark figure there on their website.
We are leaning toward just the rooms.
Any further help appreciated.

Old Feb 6th, 2007, 01:51 PM

We stayed at Richmond Hill Inn two years ago. We dined at Gabrielle's and were quite happy with our meal there.....I'd recommend it.
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 03:38 AM

I think it would be a shame to come to Asheville and not experience some of the other restaurants in town so hopefully you won't dine exclusively on the estate.
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, for your advice. Because of the time of year, we will spend our two days at the Inn on Biltmore with dinner on Valentine's Day at the Inn...driving from St. Louis thru Nashville and hoping the weather cooperates. Do they keep the roads clear through the mountains? that worries me a bit.
We do want to check out some of the places recommended like the Flying Frog, Gabrielles and Grove Park Inn for a drink.
Thanks again for your help.
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 11:04 AM

YOur best bet is to look at weather forecasts and plan accordingly. I-40 is never fun and during bad weather it will be worse. To my knowledge there is no bar area at Gabrielle's that would enable you to check out the restaurant, the same w/Flying Frog. GPI has the main lobby area with the fireplace and bar which would work though.