Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

The best way to get from Newark Int. to Manhattan

Old Jul 22nd, 1998, 02:29 PM
Ken

We will be arriving about 3:30p.m. at Newark (EWR) and need to know the best (&least expensive) way to get to 4 31st (31st St. and 5th Ave in Manhattan. If you could advise it would be gretly appreciated.

Old Jul 22nd, 1998, 04:50 PM
TroyMan

Take the shuttle. Alittle more expensive but no hassle & delivered to front door.

Old Jul 23rd, 1998, 05:09 PM
Eileen

Olympia Bus runs from Newark to Manhattan for $7-10 per person one way. The stops are Penn Station and Grand Central. You can also be picked up there for a return. When you exit the baggage claim area in Newark just go to the counter. I belive they also have a web site, olympiabus.com or something like that. I use them often and find it easy and cheap.

Old Jul 26th, 1998, 06:55 AM
Caryn

I believe there is also a Carey Bus to Port Authority. You can also take the Airlink bus to Newark Penn Station ($4.00) and then take just about any train into Penn Station NY or take the PATH train to 33rd st.

Old Jul 26th, 1998, 06:55 AM
caryne

Try www.njtransit.com for more info.

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 02:49 PM
Stuart Suss

The absolutely least expensive way (but the slowest) is the city bus from Newark Airport to Penn Station in downtown Newark and then the PATH train (fare $1.00) from Penn Station - Newark to New York City. The PATH train leaving Newark goes to the World Trade Center. If you change trains at the Journal Square Station you can get the train that arrives at 33rd Street and 6th Ave. Manhattan