The best Virgin Island????

Jul 7th, 1998, 09:02 PM
Denise

The best Virgin Island????

Which of the three islands is the most fun and best value to get married and have a honeymoon in //!!!We are planning on going in January 99?Any information or advix=ce would be gratefully received,Denise.

Jul 14th, 1998, 02:49 AM
Donna Frost

We have stayed on St. John 3 different times and also taken a small boat VI cruise, spending a few days on St. Croix. We like the quiet of St. John which has terrific snorkeling and wonderful beaches. We alternate spending a day at Maho (we like to camp at Maho) and exploring other beaches on other days. We pack picnic lunches sometimes and go to restaurants in the evening as well as just eating whatever is cooking at Maho that night. There are not many bars on St. John. If you like evening entertainment you might be better off in St. Thomas or St. Croix. At Maho we took a lovely sunset sail with just 2 other couples and talked with the captain/owner. The hotels on St. John might do some wedding planning and you might prefer the luxury accomodations at the hotels. The scenery around St. John is breath taking. We also enjoyed a day trip to Tortola which is British, so bring your birth cert/or passport. We liked the island very much, maybe all the islands were like that 25 years ago. Again, the views were wonderful. Hope you have a romantic time wherever you choose. On St. John you might even find a beach all to yourselves.

Jul 15th, 1998, 08:55 AM
Pat

I have only been to St. John and briefly on St. Thomas. I would only stay on St T if I were booked in a nice resort and wanted to stay mainly in that resort. I didn't feel safe roaming around the island on St T. We loved St J. It had enough nightly entertainment to keep it interesting, wonderful beaches(and many relatively empty). You could meander the island and feel safe. We met two couple that had just gotten married on the island of St J in the gazebo at Gallows Point overlooking the water and St. T. It's a very nice resort and a great location--within walking distance to town.

Get more travel facts about the islands on the bulletin board www.traveltalk.com

Jul 21st, 1998, 10:39 AM
Larry Miller

My wife and I were married at the Frenchmans Reef way back in 1991.It was very romantic and personal. We liked St. Thomas because the shopping, dining and nightlife were the best,but of course everybody has different tastes.
The beaches on St. Thomas are excellent,especially Megans Bay and Secret Harbor.Regardless of which island you choose it will be the most romantic vacation you will ever have!

Jul 28th, 1998, 03:51 PM
Melody

I would avoid the US Virgin Islands, especially St. Thomas. St. John is more beautiful and safe, but the best island are the British Virgin Islands, especially Tortola, Jost Van Dyke and Virgin Gorda. -Totally safe, pristine and beautiful. Spend your time there, you won't be disappointed. Feel free to e-mail if you want particulars. Melody

Jul 29th, 1998, 05:01 PM
Jan

St. Johns!! It is paradise. Beautiful beaches. The snorkeling is world class. We'd snorkel all morning, get lunch and snorkel until nightfall. Terrific fun at night too!!

Aug 19th, 1998, 10:25 AM
LarryJ

St. John, for sure, from which you can take an excursion or two to BVI destinations, if that's your desire.

Oct 17th, 1998, 05:50 PM
Tony

See my 10/17/98 response to "Seeking advice on St. John" that is also on this bulletin board. St. John is the best. BVI is ok for a day trip; but, ho-hum boring after dark. Beautiful, relaxing, peaceful and other wonderful adjectives, also describe BVI but there is not alot to do. Depends on what you are looking for. Good Luck.

Oct 20th, 1998, 11:01 AM
Cheri

St.Croix, hands down! It has more than StJ, which can be a little desolate and it isn't as busy and crowded as STT, yet it has nice shopping, great snorkeling,no traffic jams....It's become known as the forgotten Virgin.

StT is good place to change planes and StJ is great for a day trip, but StC has it all. Good luck and have a great time no matter where you go.