Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites on Maui?

Search

Embassy Suites on Maui?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Chris

Embassy Suites on Maui?

I'm planning my honeymoon for next October and am considering the Embassy Suites on Ka'anapali. Seems like a good value and a nice sized room. Has anybody stayed there? What do you think of the place?

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 04:55 PM
Jack

Biggest turn off for me is that the place is now a condo-timeshare type set up. Yes, the rooms are large, plenty of space. I first stayed there the year it opened, over 12 years ago, and it was pretty nice back then. Some of the rooms are better kept than others. The unpredictability and lack of quality control bother me (considering it's your honeymoon in particular). Yes you can get good rates there. But ask yourself why this is so. Also, lots of families with tons of kids (taking advantage of the buffet food and large rooms) which is not what most people want on a honeymoon.
If you're in that price range, have you checked the Entertainment Rate at the Renaissance in Wailea? One of the best values on Maui, and a very nice palce for a honeymoon (atmosphere is much more refined than ES). Kea Lani would also be a great choice if you can lock in a decent rate.
Good luck!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 04:45 AM
kcd

Chris, we stayed at the Embassy Suites on our honeymoon. While yes, the rooms are big, and have enormous bathrooms, I wouldn't neccesarily go back. The hotel is not on the stretch of Kaanapali beach where you can walk to Whaler's Village and go for a walk on the beach. There is a SMALL beach at the Embassy Suites. The breakfast buffet was OK, but the manager's "happy hour" was CHEESY! We've been back once and plan another trip in January to Maui. I'd suggest the Marriott or the Sheraton.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 08:40 AM
Dave

We stayed at the E.S. right after they openned and loved it. The breakfast was really good, and the clazones at lunch were great.

But since they went timeshare, we have heard negative reports.

They have just re done the Maui Sheraton and it is really nice. They have the best beach up there and snorkeling right off the beach.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 06:22 PM
sam

Walked around ES in June and was not impressed--ditto above about little beach, atmosphere no big deal. If you can get the Hyatt Sunshine of Sale (upgrade, breakfast, 6th night free) this would be a more memorable honeymoon.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 09:52 AM
Mary

Hi Chris...my husband & I were in Maui almost all of July and checked out the Embassy Resort on Maui. We liked it a lot and would definitely stay there next time we go to Maui.

You can get a really good deal now by going to http://www.vacationownership.com/emb...aui/index.html

In the subject line, tell them you are interested in their discount vacation offers. You'll get an excellent deal.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 09:56 AM
Ralph

So, Mary, which condo do YOU own?
Offering a special Fodorite discount??

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Mary

Dear Ralphie Boy...if I was an owner at Embassy, don't you think I would have said so? Stop being so suspicious...it's not like you. Love Mary.