Thanksgiving in Sedona

Jun 28th, 2001, 04:50 PM
steph

Thanksgiving in Sedona

Looking for somewhere for my family to visit during Thanksgiving weekend and landed upon Sedona as a possibility. Problem is, we have a very diverse group ranging from those who prefer luxurious hotels, good restaurants, and shopping to those who enjoy the outdoors. Will there be enough to do in Sedona to satisfy everyone over the course of three days? I did a search and came up with the following hotels: Enchantment Resort, L'Auberge, Sky Ranch Lodge, Sedona Hilton. Can someone please rank the hotels by quality? Are they all 4 or 5 star? Is the weather going to be cooperative during that time? Sorry for the laundry list of questions, but if anyone has any input, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 29th, 2001, 08:06 AM
kam

Just booked the Enchantment Resort for our 3rd trip to Sedona. Previously stayed on Oak Creek which is more central. Enchantment is a bit out of the main part of town but is in a beautiful red rock canyon. Should make the nature lovers happy. The restaurant is one of the best in the area and the pool is very nice, but don't know if it will be swimming weather at Thanksgiving. The other hotel I know is L'Auberge. There are actually three types of accomodations here and while it doesn't appeal to us, the restaurant is tops. Lots of shopping and art galleries in Sedona--Tlaquepaque is lovely. Lots of hiking trails and pink jeep tours for outdoor folks. South Rim of the GC is just 2 hours away. Sounds like a good choice to me.

Jun 29th, 2001, 10:53 AM
steph

thanks for the information kam. it's always a challenge trying to find just the right spot. i'll definitely do some further research regarding the enchantment resort.

Search this Thread