Thanksgiving in Peoria, Illinois

Oct 9th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Marcy

Thanksgiving in Peoria, Illinois

Would like information or recommendations on a Great Thanksgiving dinner buffet or other good recommendations for the area.

Oct 11th, 2001, 06:32 AM
Rachel

Have only been there once but stayed at an interesting hotel that had a terrific restaurant that would probably have a great buffet only I cant remember the name. It's a regional chain and had a real German flavor-the hotel was syled like a castle. As I recall, it's not too far from Bradley University. Another fun restaurant, but probably not for T/giving is called the Alexander Street Steakhouse, where you pick out steaks from a refrigerator and then grill them yourself over these huge grills in the restaurant. The river area of Peoria has been revitalized and there were some cute shops and restaurants there also. Have fun

Oct 11th, 2001, 06:47 AM
Don

Rachel,

I've never been to Peoria, but I did a Web search--is this the hotel you're talking about? It's the only one I can find in Peoria that looks like a castle (and has Castle in the name, to boot):

Jumers Hotels - Castle Lodge
117 North Western
Peoria, Illinois 61604
Phone: 309-673-8040

If so, here's a link to the Web site for the hotel:

http://www.jumers.com/documents/peoindex.htm

Hope this helps, Marcy!

Oct 11th, 2001, 07:23 AM
Rachel

Jumors is the place. thanks for looking it up, Don. Marcy, I would recommend calling them. they had a spectacular Sunday brunch when we were there and I'll bet they do something similar for T/day. It's a neat place to stay also...all sorts of old German Black Forest furnishings, even in the guest rooms. Some need a little refurbishing, but we really enjoyed it anyways. Much more character than a national chain.

Search this Thread