Just had a few questions regarding a potential trip to Texas. My wife and I were thinking of traveling in either April or May and would be flying out of Syracuse and renting a car.
The purpose of the trip is simply to explore some areas of the state and soak up its best parts for approximately 10 days. We're both fascinated by Southern U.S. culture and have already experienced the deep south (AL,MS,LA) so Texas seemed like a logical follow-up trip.
A preliminary idea was to fly into Austin considering we both love music, spend a couple of days and go from there. I'm having trouble building an itinerary after time spent in Austin only because the state is so big and there are so many directions one could head. I've heard of hill country (but don't know what it has to offer), San Antonio of course (but don't want to do a ton of big city driving) and then there's the gulf coast (which I know very little about).
Anyway, I mentioned music but we also love history, anything culturally unique to Texas and just regular vacation stuff ie: beaches, nightlife, shopping etc.
I know this is lengthy so thanks to anyone who reads it all and replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 2 Dulles to BWI
- 3 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 4 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 5 US cities that enforce jaywalking?
- 6 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 7 Our next summer trip
- 8 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 9 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 10 Family winter holiday
- 11 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 12 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 13 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 14 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 15 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 16 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 17 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 18 Muir Woods - new rules
- 19 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 20 Padre Islands
- 21 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 22 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 23 NASHVILLE
- 24 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 25 4 days in San Diego