My mom and I are flying to DC this weekend. Mom doesn't drive, and she's had a Mass. ID for years, issued in 94, no expiration date on it. I figured this would be fine.
She went online and learned that those ID's are no longer valid, so she went to the registry yesterday to get a new one. They gave her a temporary one (w/photo). I'm praying the permanent one comes before Friday (mine have always come just a few days after getting a temp one).
BUT, in case it doesn't, has anyone had experience trying to board with a temporary ID? She rarely travels and doesn't have a passport. She does have a work photo ID that should could give with the temp. one. I kind of wish she had just kept the old one. I think a brand new temporary ID is going to create problems...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 2 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 3 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 4 Our next summer trip
- 5 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 6 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 7 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 8 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 9 Family winter holiday
- 10 Dulles to BWI
- 11 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 12 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 13 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 14 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 15 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 16 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 17 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 18 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 19 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 20 Muir Woods - new rules
- 21 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 22 Padre Islands
- 23 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 24 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 25 NASHVILLE