Search

Taxis in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taxis in Atlanta

Thanks to everyone who answered my earlier post, I went to Priceline and snatched up a couple of rooms at the Sheraton Buckhead. Now I need to know, for my excursion to CNN and Coca-cola, etc. about how much would a taxi run. We will be two people. The marta sounds very confusing...Also when leaving Buckhead and going to the airport what is my best option.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:37 PM
GoTravel

Marta is the fastest, easiest, and cheapest way to get around Atlanta. Atlanta has the worst traffic in the nation having long passed LA.

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:58 PM

The World of Coca Cola is a straight shot on the Marta train (Five Points station then walk south about 3 blocks); CNN one transfer (at Five Points) and next station (west) or a walk of a few blocks. It would be quite expensive to take a taxi (perhaps $50 or more roundtrip) compared with $3.50 round trip (per person) downtown on Marta. And, the average Marta car is cleaner than the average Atlanta taxi, but then so are most sewers. Your front desk folks should be capable of giving pinpoint directions. Just make sure you're gone before sundown, as the movie sheriffs used to say. Same advice going to and from airport, unless your hotel has a great deal on its shuttle or you have too much luggage to tote yourself. Marta will deposit you directly into the airport without your coming up for fresh air, something that is in too short supply to dispense to tourists anyway.
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 07:14 AM

Please try Marta, its system is like a cross, up & down and across, and it would be hard to mess up, trust us. Once you get on, the maps are posted all over so you will know where to go. It dead ends at the airport, so that will be easy ! their site is www.itsmarta.com
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:51 AM

If you have a problem trying to figure out where to get off, most people (especially the security officers standing around) are pretty knowledgeable and can help. It is the one place in Atlanta that you are pretty certain to get accurate directions, everywhere else is a 50-50 shot.