Planning a 2.5 week trip to DC/Williamsburg/NYC for next May/June. Traveling with me would be my parents and my daughter.
I am in the midst of trying to decide whether I want to fly or take the train from Williamsburg VA to NYC.
If we take Amtrak, we would arrive at Penn Station at about 5:30 p.m. We will probably be staying either at the Comfort Inn Manhattan at 42 W 35th or at the La Quinta at 17 W 32nd - both locations appear to be within a couple blocks of Penn Station.
Will we have a problem getting a taxi(s) to take us such a short distance to the hotel? I can't imagine trying to walk down the street with our luggage during the midst of rush hour.
Alternatively, we could fly from Newport News into LGA (which would take half the time as the train) and then do a car service to the hotel.
I'm not sure which method would be the easiest/least amount of hassle - though arriving several hours earlier if flying gives that option a big plus.
Any insights or advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 2 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 3 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 4 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 5 Our next summer trip
- 6 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 7 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 8 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 9 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 10 Family winter holiday
- 11 Dulles to BWI
- 12 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 13 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 14 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 15 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 16 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 17 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 18 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 19 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 20 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 21 Muir Woods - new rules
- 22 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 23 Padre Islands
- 24 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 25 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom