Reload this Page >

Taxi from Industry to LAX hotel ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 08:48 AM
cb

Can somebody give me an idea of how much a taxi ride may cost me between the city of Industry and a hotel near the LA international airport ? This will be after 10 pm, if the time of day matters.

Is there a better alternative ?

thanks

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 11:09 AM
Cali

I would not take a cab from the City of Industry Area. I would call one of the Airport Shuttles - Super Shuttle and others. They are coast between $35 and $40. They run 24 hours a day. You will also be lots closer to Ontario Area if Ontario International Airport will work. It is a new airport and is very nice and convenient.

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 04:04 PM
Monica

Call bell cab co: (800) 999-9977 or the airport (look up LAX on the web) There are flat fees from the airport to downtown Los Angeles, there may be some to Industry as well. Remember, some of the shuttle services handle more than one passenger at a time, so you may have to drop someone off before you get to your destination.
Be happy you're arriving after rush hour. Traffic to Industry is TERRIBLE!

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 09:33 PM
Cali

I still say use a airport shuttle and not a cab from City of Industry. Our business is in Industry and cab service leaves a lot to be desired. You can request a shuttle for just you and pay a little more or can call a limo through the shuttles too. I would not call a cab. Downtown L.A. is a long way (over 20 miles) from City of Industry and cabs don't tend to come to City of Industry from there - most are based somewhere in the San Gabriel Valley. I had a customer who took a cab to LAX and paid an arm and a leg.

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 05:05 AM
cb

Thank you very much for all your advice.
Looks like for 2 people, renting a car
may even be cheaper, even though this won't get around the traffic problem.

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 11:21 AM
Cali

cb- Traffic shouldn't be too big a problem after 10 PM. The Shuttle does not charge extra for two of you from the same place either. Have a good trip.