Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Taos -- update on El Monte Sagrado "resort" hotel
Notices

Taos -- update on El Monte Sagrado "resort" hotel

Apr 28th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Taos -- update on El Monte Sagrado "resort" hotel

Ordered a hamburger at 9 PM in the dining room. Dining room closes at 10 pm. They would not serve a hamburger in the dining room at that time, but would allow room service for 22% service charge plus $5 plus tax.

Parking is $12/day.

Was assigned room 502 at check-in. This room is next to very noisy machinery and I could easily hear it in the room. Requested and received a quiet room. Luckily this was during the slow season (late April).

One of 2 computers offered to guests cannot print. The management knows it but won't fix it.

Will never stay there again.
Apr 28th, 2013, 09:28 AM

IMHO i Have yet to find a hotel with "office services" that work properly. When we travel to do a new business pitch we bring our own printer and office supplies with us. It's the only thing we have found reliable. (Some "office centers have computers that are so old they can't even process a basic ppt document for printing.)

If you need office services regularly I suggest you bring your own equipment. If you are just printing out a boarding pass or something - I would send it to the front desk and have them print it for you.
Apr 28th, 2013, 09:34 AM

Sorry -

And I'm not talking about budget or tourist hotels - the above includes 4* and 5* hotels aimed primarily at business travelers. Their idea of "business support" is about 10 years out of date - and even when you rent equipment through them - it often doesn;t work - and usually looks like something thrown out 10 years ago.

My home $69 printer, copier, scanner, faxer works much faster and is perfectly reliable. (But then is isn;t being "used" or played with by a ton of random people who may not know how to do anything with a computer.)

Search this Thread