Talkeetna Air Taxi 6:30 flight ?

Old Mar 12th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talkeetna Air Taxi 6:30 flight ?

Is there any reason not to do a flightseeing tour at this time of day? I would be looking at the glacier landing also. Most are during the earlier part of the day. Our trip to Alaska is a celebration of a "milestone" birthday for my husband and on his actual birthday we will be traveling to Talkeetna from Seward. We do have the next day to do a flightseeing tour, as we had planned to spend the night in Talkeetna, but I thought it would be a great experience for him to do this on his birthday. Thanks for any information.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 06:37 AM

It depends on a few things: a.m. or p.m. and the time of year. Wouldn't recommends a 6:30 a.m. or p.m. glacier landing in the winter. In the summer, it doesn't make all that that much difference.

I'm guessing you mean p.m. on the actual birthday. I'd actually prefer that because there's been time to warm up and a lot of low clouds might ``burn off.'' I'm not sure if morning or evening has much effect on the glacier landing itself, surface might be a bit softer, but I doubt it.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 06:56 AM

The glacier landing is a fabulous deal. We went...In the summer, it's really no big deal since the sun is out like it's high noon. One big advantage about the 6:30p departure is they take the tour saver 2-for-1 coupon, I think. You should check on that.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for such quick replies Sounds like the 6:30PM flight just might work out. We didn't want to rush the drive from Seward as we are great for "off the road" exploring. I wasn't aware of the 2/1 coupon (must be in the Toursaver)but that's a great tip. I also hadn't thought about the cloud cover "burning off".
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 11:39 AM

Yes this is the only time on the offer for the toursaver coupon. NO guarantees on weather, any time of the day in Alaska. It is well worth it to upgrade to the summit flight, just superb and my prefered McKinley flightseeing.