Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Taking Pics in Idaho- w/in 0-50 miles of Lewiston
Notices

Taking Pics in Idaho- w/in 0-50 miles of Lewiston

Feb 19th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Taking Pics in Idaho- w/in 0-50 miles of Lewiston

Hi,

I actually grew up in the area - but am looking to get other perspectives!

I am getting more interested and involved in taking pics - what are some great places to see or take pictures of in the area, any recommendations??

Within about 50 miles of Lewiston would be optimal, but I am open! I want to find some of the best and interesting places - parks, mountains, streams, awe inspiring landscapes, city views, etc.

Always looking for a new great place!

J-
Feb 19th, 2007, 01:40 PM

It is more than fifty miles from Lewiston but well worth the trip....Stanley area. When I dream of gorgeous that's the image which comes. The magnificient Sawtooths in one direction and the White Clouds in the other.
Feb 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM

My sister lives in Lewiston, and I have lots of family in that area.

I love the Palouse and the rolling hills especially in the spring when the hills are green and dirt is so black.

I also love the church in Keuterville with the pine trees around it. Or coming over the hill into Greencreek and seeing the church spire and all the red barns in that area. I haven't been up in the Gospel wilderness for a long time, but it's beautiful. The monastery in Cottonwood/Keuterville is also an interesting stone building set back in the pine trees.

I love the whole Camas Prairie, especially in the spring. Plus it's where my grandparents live.

Search this Thread