Symphony Hall - Boston

Apr 21st, 2001, 03:17 PM
janet

Symphony Hall - Boston

Any recommendations for dinner prior to a Pops concert at Symphony Hall? Prefer within walking distance so we only have to park the car once.

thanks

Apr 22nd, 2001, 06:35 PM
gail

I believe we went to Marche! It is an open air market (indoors). You select your choices from a colorful bistro type offering and pay by the selection. It was great. It is not super fancy, but if I think there is a more formal area.

Apr 23rd, 2001, 06:21 AM
No Beans

All the shops and restaurants in the Prudential Center and those attached to the Marriott-Copley Place indoor mall are within decent walking distance. There is also a very upscale but nice place called Ambrosia (on Huntington) a little further up but also easy walking.

Apr 23rd, 2001, 06:45 AM
Ann

We had dinner at Tiger Lily this weekend. It's just behind Symphony Hall, and we parked at the garage over Bread and Circus (be prepared, all the parking lots in the area have raised their prices to $15!). The food is Malaysian, and very tasty. Dinner for two came to about $38 total (half the bill for our dinner for four). The location used to be the Amalfi restaurant if you know the Symphony area.

If you park/dine at Marche in the Pru, you may be able to get a discount on your parking, but I'm not certain the details. It's a fun place, though high on chaos.

There are a number of other places near Symphony Hall like Uno's, Boston Chicken. Not fine dine. There are also numerous small asian restaurants that look interesting. One place called, I think, Betty's Noodles, looks kind of fun. It's right across Huntington Ave. from Symphony Hall.

Search this Thread