Search

Hawaii Travel Tips

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 1996, 10:26 PM
Walter G. Saunders

Hawaii Travel Tips

My first advice would be to visit as many islands as you can. Each island has a personality of its own. A lot of people only go to Oahu,but they miss the true beauty of Hawaii. At the time you are going the whales should be seen off the shores of Maui. My wife loves Kauai. I am sure you will have a wonderful time because Hawaii is simply marvellous !!

Old Oct 24th, 1996, 11:44 AM
Marvin Friedenberg

My wife and I will be in honolulu and Maui during the Xmas week so we faced the same question you have- what are the must see's/do's. It obviously depends on your unique interests. My advice, check the following internet sites. From them there will be a very wide variety of what-to-do's and where-to-goes to pick and choose from: thisweek.com hauaii.net (click on "visitor center") and discoveringhawaii.com (click on "main menu" at the bottom of the page, then click "links" at the lower right, then click "other links." We've done it and now have a good itinerary from which to depart from once we get there. Have a great time. Marv.

Old Oct 27th, 1996, 05:02 PM
Steve Craig

We're going to either the Big Island or Kauai over Thanksgiving and are looking for a condo or cottage with kitchen, preferably oceanfront We like to be somewhat away from the big resorts and hustle /bustle. Any ideas??

Thank you.

Old Oct 31st, 1996, 11:34 AM
Deborah Sobwick

Hawaii does not have a rainy season. It does have a rainy island however. It is on the big island. Kawaii is mostly a national park so there is no hustle and bustle it is mostly quiet by nature. Hawaii has a weather pattern unlike you will ever see anywhere else in the world. The rain is sporadic and there is one spot where it doesn't stop raining,but that is on top of a mountain and it won't affect anyone! On the big island of Hawaii one side always rains and the other side is always sunny!

Old Dec 14th, 1996, 03:40 PM
Dennis

My wife and I have made 3 trips to Oahu. We highly recommend going to the Polynesian Cultural Center and the Arizona Memorial. Be sure to rent a car and drive around the Island. Take a picnic. The are wonderful (friendly and full of advice). Aske the locals where to dine. Our hotel preference is the Hawaiian Regent Hotel. Wonderful staff and service. Have a great trip! We'll be going back soon.