Supermarket/COnveinence Store in Waile

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be traveling with a 18 mos. old and would like to stop somewhere to buy water, milk, diapers, snacks etc before we get to our Wailea Hotel. Any supermarkets in Wailea or at least not outrageously priced convenience store for these basics. If not anything along the road from the airport not out of the way. DOn't need a Costco, just a basic grocery store or walmart type store. Thanks
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 08:01 PM
bonniebroad

Really, everything in Wailea is outrageously priced!;-) But I love it! There are three supermarkets in Kihei, right next door to Wailea.

Old Apr 19th, 2004, 08:07 PM
bonniebroad

One more thing...... you have an ABC Store at The Shoppes of Wailea, but I think your items would be cheaper at the supermarkets in Kihei!

Old Apr 19th, 2004, 08:28 PM

Long's Drugs on S. Kihei Road is what you want. This is where I shop for everything from local grown beef for my carnivorous DH to household products.

There is a WalMart in Kahului, but do you really want to support WalMart?
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:18 AM

Everything is expensive in Wailea , although Maui is a bit lower-priced than Kauai. Try the Safeway store in Kihei, about a 10 minute drive from Wailea. Try to get a store discount card (or whatever it's called) from the mainland before you go. My sister had one from Denver and it saved us a bit more.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:23 PM
sap

Gone2maui: ". . . but do you really want to support WalMart?" Oh, I had to laugh at that one. So true! I think I like you more with every post. -- Shari
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:26 AM

The newish Safeway in Kihei will have everything you need. ASk at the service desk for a "club card" to get the discounts. It's on Pi'ikea, you will see the large shopping center on your right if you are driving to Wailea (lucky you!) along the Pi'ilani Highway.
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:38 AM

If you have any of the Safeway "brands" in your local market -- Dominicks, Vons, Randalls, etc. -- you can get a club card before you leave. They can be used at any of the stores in the Safeway family. My Dominicks card worked just fine at the Safeway in Kapa'a, Kauai, saving me quite a bit on some basic items.