Notices

Sun Valley Accomodations

Sep 4th, 2006, 06:10 PM
ALF
Original Poster

Sun Valley Accomodations

We are driving over to ski Sun Valley in February, during the week following President's day weekend. I've been searching online at accomodations, and it looks like there are several comparatively inexpensive ($130 - $170/night) places in Ketchum, a couple of miles from the Bald Mtn lifts. Of course, being in the village at the mtn bases would be best, but the thought of paying the $300-ish cost per night is a little out of our range. Given that we are on a budget, is this a reasonable choice? Will it be hard to find a place to park near the lifts?
Thanks!
Al F.
Sep 17th, 2006, 08:53 PM

Well no one replied to your post but I thought I'd throw out a few things that I know. First there is actually a Best Western which is fairly decent right in Ketchum. We have stayed there a few times and it was just fine. Close to everything (shops, restaurants, etc) As for Parking near the lifts, there are 2 locations of lifts. One is called River run and they have a big parking lot. The other is called Warm Springs and there IMO isnt much parking. BUT, alot of the hotels/motels have shuttles to the lifts. So that makes it really easy. I hope this info helps.
Sep 24th, 2006, 07:39 AM
ALF
Original Poster

Thanks Rese - I did look up Best Western, and there is one (Best Western Tyrolean Lodge) within a few blocks of the River Run base. We just booked the rooms. Now all we need is some snow!
Sep 24th, 2006, 07:54 AM

Hi Alf,

Ketchum is a wonderful little town with lots of great restaurants and shops. It's not really very far from the lifts at all. Sun Valley also has a free shuttle bus service and you should check their web site for schedules and routes.

Be sure to eat at the Pioneer Saloon on Main Street. It's excellent!

Search this Thread