Sun City Arizona

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Chris

Sun City Arizona

I'm 65 and would like to rent a small place in Feb. 2003 for a month to meet people and see if I like the area. Anu sugestions?

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 10:18 AM
ddd

Gosh, that's a tough one because I've never heard of being able to rent a house or apartment for just one month. The only thing I can think of is this - there are hotels with kitchenettes that can be rented weekly or monthly. That way, you don't have to eat all of your meals out as if you were staying in a regular hotel room. There is one chain called Extended Stay America and one called Homestead Village. I'm sure there are others as well, but I don't know their names. You can do an internet search on "hotels" and "sun city" and see what you find that way. Hope this helped.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Bill

What are some of the fun things to do in Sun City?

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Coco

Chris,
Don't know how you feel about renting an apt in a beautiful, clean retirement complex, but about 5 years ago, we found an excellent active community for my mother located in Sun City. As I recall, this was a very friendly place to meet people. Bad news is that I don't remember the name, and since then my mother has passed away. (She was never able to stay there.) It was a beautiful complex, with pool and beautiful dining room. The rental apartments were very well appointed. Many "snowbirds" go to AZ for the winter months to stay and this was one of such places. If you do a search on the internet, maybe this will come up. In the meantime, I will try to get back here with the name of the facility.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 12:21 AM
kkj

There are tons of places for rent for part of the season in the Sun City areas. You have to be prepared to pay high season rates and may have to pay even a higher premium for a short term rental as opposed to taking it for the entire snowbird season.

Two places you might want to try are for referrals ar the Sun City Visitors Center. Unfortunately I only have their local number 623-977-5000. You might need to try directory assistance 800-555-1212 for a toll free number.

Another place to check out is Ken Meade Reality. They might be on the web. They seem to be the realator of choice in the area and might do rentals.

Check out the AZCentral web site. It is the site for our newspaper -- The Arizona Republic and will have classifieds.

I know people who checked out RV parks on the web and rented their first.

There are so many great places to stay in the area and I think you'll have a terrific time. You can do as much or as little as you want.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 09:16 AM
sug

Try www.vrbo.com. It'll get you better results than Google's search (though I realize Andie's recommendations are beyond criticism)>

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Peter

Chris, There are a lot of fabulous place to rent in Sun City. In any price range. The people are all easy to get to know and are fun to be with. It's just a great place to live or visit.
Peter

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:55 AM
Deb

I, too am recommending the same website that the other person posted previously...
http://www.vrbo.com/vrbo/az.htm

FYI: Surprise, AZ is right next door to Sun City.

Good luck and I will still try to find out that place that I mentioned before.