My husband and I are planning out road trip up the East coast. We are currently living in DC so would look to drive up and spend two weeks. We have stayed in Boston and New York on previous trips from the UK so not fussed about stopping in the cities. We are planning to travel last week of July and the first week of August as it's the hubby's 40th birthday whilst we are away. We have heard great things about Rhode Island, Plymouth, Bar harbor, Burlington and lake placid.
Firstly is this do'able in 2 weeks? What would be the best round trip direction? We like to relax and take in some culture, eat in local places and stay in decent accommodation, not crazy expensive but nice. All ideas welcome as we are only in the research stage and don't really have anything set well apart from a visit to Ben & Jerry's!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO & Email 1888~260:2909 Password Reset Contact YAHOO Tec*h Care By Yes!
- 2 Newport Beach restaurants
- 3 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 4 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 5 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 6 A Few days in Museums
- 7 I need help
- 8 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 9 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 10 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 11 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 12 4 days in Miami
- 13 travelling from Miami to New York
- 14 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 15 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 16 10 day California Trip in July
- 17 Travel Shenanigans
- 18 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 19 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 20 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 21 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 22 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 23 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 24 Las Vegas TR
- 25 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
Summer road trip return DC to Conneticut-New Hamp-Maine-Vermont