Drinks & Pupus with friends - Kaua`i GTG - August 2nd

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All Fodorites who will be Kaua`i August 2 are invited to a GTG at the Happy Talk Lounge at the Hanalei Bay Resort on the lush and lovely north shore at 5:30pm. Look for the table with lots tan, smiling faces , with a balloon flying above it. That will be us! Please come!!!!

-Bill
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Keeping this afloat for a few more days.

9 more days!

-Bill
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 09:55 AM
iceeu2

Geez, what are friends for?

I'll keep it topped for you after you are gone and up until the 2nd!

Happy trails to you.

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

i2,
Thanks bud!

Now that I've got your attention. Where exactly in Kapa'a is that great bakery that you and Kal rave about? We want to hit it, along with the Pono Market on our way up to Hanalei from the airport. Mahalo.

Bill

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 10:17 AM
iceeu2

This "very small" bakery is called Something Moon Something. It's in the alley behind a coffee shop which I think may be Roxy Plaza. Olympic Cafe is on the other side of the street. Right in downtown Kapaa. You may even think it is part of the coffee shop, but it's not. You have to "holler" for service.

Lots of whole grain and other specialty breads. He also has "marked down" breads. I asked him and what he does is freeze them..so you will want to toast them or eat right away if you buy those instead of the fresh ones.

Maybe someone else will see this and give you better directions. I don't think there is a sign. Maybe those at the Pono Market will point to it for you.

Hey man, while you are at the Pono Market duck inside to Tropical Tantrum and treat yourself to your first new shirt on your vacation.

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks i2.

Good idea about a Trop Tant drive by! Bread, chicken and shirts. What could be more natural?

...and don't forget: GTG August 2nd 5:30 Happy Talk Lounge Hanalei Bay Resort. Auntiemaria will be the one holding the balloon.

-Bill
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 11:28 AM
iceeu2

Isn't a vacation in Kauai good for the soul?

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

i2,
My soul needs Kaua`i right now! LOL

Guess what? I bought a pair of Keen H2 Newports on sale at Nordstrom for $60!
Geez! Just what I need! Another pair of shoes to pack.

-Bill
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 12:45 PM
iceeu2

Don't forget your hiking boots, umbrella, bug spray...Just wear your slippahs!

Nordstrom's for $60...what a deal! You are going to love love love those shoes...I wear mine all of the time.

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 03:42 PM

Iamq,
Thanks for the tips on Keen. I ordered thru Zappos and had them price match to Nordstrom's. If they don't fit, I can exchange and have them reship the next size, all for free, at Zappos.com

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been waiting for this price.
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Hanalei,
Glad you saw it. That was nice of Zappos to do! Yeah, I've been waiting too. I'm not cheap or anything, but I just could not justify $95.00 for them not matter how great they are. I even bought a pair of less expensive Merrell sport sandals a few weeks ago! I love those by the way. Now I have both! It could not have come at a better time too, since we are leaving for Kaua`i in.....NINE MORE DAYS! \/

-Bill
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 05:13 PM

Bill,
Have a GREAT time.

I miss the rainbows and the plumeria scents. I even bought the little floating, wooden plumerias for the bathtub. We are growing some plumeria trees now. Hopefully I will get to smell the flowers soon.
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 05:59 PM
iceeu2

Excuse me, Hanalei.......you are growing trees in your bathtub? The things we do to stay on the island we love!!!

Hey, I checked out Nordstrom's website and the shoes are on sale there. Did you go to a store or order online?

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

i2,

I ordered mine from the Nordstrom website.

-Bill
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 07:34 PM

I2,
I went to Nordstrom.com and saw the sale, but I felt safer ordering from Zappos since I've done that before. They always ship for free and return shipping is free (you get prepaid label) and resend new size for free. Plus, they gave me their 110% price warranty. Their list price is $90.95 and they matched Nordstrom's price +$5 s/h, plus 10%. So I paid $62.30. If I had gone to Nordstrom store, with tax it's more than that.
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Original Poster

Hanalei,

You're growing plumeria trees? Where do you live? How hard is it to grow them? We live in the S.F. Bay Area. Probably not hot enough.

-Bill
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 06:42 AM
iceeu2

Hey Bill, since we kinda got off topic on this and started yakking, maybe right before you leave you should start a new thread and I will keep it topped for you!

How many more days until you see those s?

Old Jul 18th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

i2,
Imagine that...us getting off topic! I will do as you suggest.

I was just thinking that I hope makai1 gets her trip report posted before we leave. I'm sure it will be packed with great information and lots of aloha.

Greenie amp; alert: 8 days!

-Bill
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Kal

WILL ALL OF YOU JUST SHUT UP?!?!?

163.......\/

Country Moon Rising bakery. Onoliscious breads.

I've been living in my Keen's H2s for almost 2 yrs now. I'll never go back to Teva's. Chacos maybe, Teva's no.

A side benefit to Keens is you can wear them at the gym. They won't let me wear open toed sandals like Teva's, Chacos but since they have a big rubber nub tip, excellent.

Bought some Keen Portland's too. Also very nice.

I'm finally able to post most of my pics form the 2004-05 Kauai trip so I'll shot some over to bore those whose e-mail addys I have.

Mucho mahalos to one and all,
Da Kal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -