We would very much appreciate hearing suggestions from you regarding which cities to visit on the East Coast that can offer that charming summertime seaside/seafood experience - lots of lobster, fried belly clams, oysters.
We have business to attend to in Edison, NJ this May. Last year, we embarked on a similar adventure, but stayed at the Mystic Marriott in CT. We visited several Noank, CT seaside restaurants (the very informal, and fun kind - specializing in lobster, and lots of it) and drove around Mystic, CT and had those yummy deep fried belly clams.
We would very much like to recreate this experience, but a little more systematically this time. Our interests include:
1) eating that yummy seafood (we're major foodies)
2) antique stores
3) as close to Edison, NJ as possible (but we realize we'll probably have to drive/ferry somewhere for several hours before we can end up at the places that'll meet our criteria.
4) dress code/atmosphere/experience: we prefer the charming JB Fletcher, Murder She Wrote type of experience, as opposed to the Paris Hilton/bikini-clad/celebrity watching type of holiday.
Since we're from San Francisco, we know absolutely nothing about the area. Budget is not a concern, whatsoever. Our comfort is more important. This is the reason for item #4. We're trying to convey that we just want to walk around comfortably, without having to adhere to the mandatory white linen outfit in the summertime rule. No loud crowds, no see and be seen. We want the experience, without the phoniness.
Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to reading your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arizona vs Purdue Live
- 2 Chasing Sargent in Nashville
- 3 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 4 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 5 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 6 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 7 B&B in Bar Harbor or Southwest Harbor?
- 8 Christmas getaway
- 9 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 10 NY theater district restaurant
- 11 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 12 Upper Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Par
- 13 Family winter holiday
- 14 Sjc Car Rental
- 15 Trip to Cali
- 16 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 17 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 18 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 19 4 days in San Diego
- 20 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 21 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 22 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 23 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 24 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 25 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
Suggestions pls for a JB Fletcher, not Paris Hilton type holiday