Reload this Page >

Suggestions for Myrtle Beach Hotels and Food

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Melissa

Going to Myrtle Beach at the end of July this year. Any recomendations for food. I've been going for 2 years, this is the 3rd. Looking for something different place to eat at. Went to all the theamed places like Hard Rock, Nascar Cafe and so on. Looking for something different.

Also thinking about staying at Long Bay Resort, Patricia North Hotel Suites, or the Myrtle Beach Martinique. Any thoughts or comments on these 3 places?

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 05:48 AM
annie

Hi:
A few favorites:
Sam Snead's
Thouroughbred's
Cagney's
A bit further North on Route 17 is Parson's Table. Definitely need a reservation. Have fun!

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Ruby

I've stayed at Long Bay Resort numerous times. The three bedroom units are my favorite with plenty of room and privacy. The pool has an indoor lazy river, great for kids, a good size kiddie pool indoors and a medium size outdoor pool. There is a nice restuarant in the building. I'd stay there again. In the winter they have great rates, our favorite time to go. I hope this helps. Haven't stayed at the others.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Arabella

Try Villa Romana at 707 South Kings Highway (448-4990). Great Italian food. Run by a friendly Italian family. Save room for dessert.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Melissa

We like going to Myrtle Beach because of the Ocean and all the different attractions and places to eat. We like staying in northern part of Myrtle Beach..its somewhat less bussle and more relaxing. I will keep in mind Hilton Head or Charleston. What places would be interesting to see in those 2 places?

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 06:23 AM
chuck

Melissa,

If you stay in the northern part of the grand strand, you may want to try these restaurants:

Marker 350 (on the intracoastal waterway, near the Highway 17 bridge)
Duffy Street Seafood Shack--a lot of fun, better food than you'd expect (in Cherry Grove)
Carraba's--I know it's a chain, but it is good
Rossi's--in the Galleria, a little expensive (Italian)
Chestnut Hill--just north of the Galleria on 17 (NOT the restaurant next door, Chesapeake)
For lunch/sandwiches--try Bummz (oceanfront in MB, at about 17th Avenue North), River City Cafe, or T-Bonz in Barefoot Landing (ask for a table with a view of the waterway).

Have a great time!

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Melissa

Thanks Chuck for the Suggestions. I will check some of them out.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Stephanie P.

I went to Myrtle Beach in 1995 & 1997 and stayed at the Palm Crest. I remember eating a Captain James, Jake, something like that. They had a gymnasium space worth of food which included a desert bar, steak and seafood (crab, lobster, fish) and sidedishes. It was amazing the amount of food @ this buffet.