I am thinking about a trip to grand canyon with my family in the first half march.
We will be traveling from Springfield, IL. I thought of getting a flight+hotel combo deal to las vegas, spend a day or two in las vegas and then either rent a car to go to grand canyon or get the tours for grand canyon.
So how does it sound so far? Is there a better alternative where I can save some money. Las Vegas is not really a place we HAVE to see, but it seemed to me that going that route will save me money and we will be able to see las vegas as well. I am open to other ideas.
Now some other questions,
1. Is first half of March bad for grand canyon visit? We cannot postpone the trip. Are we better off going somewhere else? My parents really want to see the grand canyon, however they came to USA during winter and hence the problem.
2. If my above plan about going to vegas and then going to the canyon is not good, i would like to hear some alternative plans.
3. If we go for the vegas route, is going to san fransisco or any other nice places in the west coast feasible?
4. How many days it would take for the trip? I will have at the most a week for this trip.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Cali
- 2 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 3 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 4 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 5 NY theater district restaurant
- 6 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 7 Big Sur weather in early December
- 8 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 9 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 10 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 11 Our next summer trip
- 12 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 13 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 14 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 15 Family winter holiday
- 16 Dulles to BWI
- 17 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 18 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 19 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 20 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 21 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 22 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 23 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 24 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 25 Where to Eat on Kauai?