I'm going on a round road trip from Atlanta in September. I'm really keen to visit the civil war site in Vicksburg during the first leg (Im going on to Memphis and Blue Ridge Parkway) but am also trying to stay off the interstate so I get a sample of Alabama and not just a long road.
Without the interstate, Atlanta to Vicksburg is too long, so does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to stop roughly halfway? Somewhere with a nice BnB and local places to eat. Doesn't have to be a city, it could be a small pleasant town but anywhere interesting would be great. Also are there any fun things to see en route or scenic route recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to determine right selection of Online Cloud Backup?
- 2 10 day California Trip in July
- 3 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 4 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 5 Las Vegas TR
- 6 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 7 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 8 Newport Beach restaurants
- 9 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 10 NY theater district restaurant
- 11 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 12 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 13 girls trip / oregon
- 14 Vegas in February
- 15 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 16 I need help
- 17 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 18 A Few days in Museums
- 19 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 20 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 21 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 22 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 23 Travel Shenanigans
- 24 Mammoth Lakes in summer
- 25 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??