Stirring Pics of The NOLA Tragedy

Old Sep 11th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stirring Pics of The NOLA Tragedy

I found this link on another website. It's a personal account of how the events unfolded, by someone who lives there.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...Uy=vhxvcl&Ux=1

Belle
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 08:07 PM

I don't know what to say..these were fascinating photos and I liked reading his thoughts and hated knowing that when he said it was bad but could have been worse, how much worse it really was..
I was once again sickened by the grinning looters and was touched by the sight of those trucks with boats "from everywhere in the country"...and the generosity of that man who paid for his gas because the stupid gas station man " would not take cash" ???
Thanks so much for sharing these..
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

You're welcome Scarlett!

This man seems to have a real talent for documenting and photography!

I wonder if he will compose a book?! It was/is very touching!

Belle
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 08:23 PM

Hello OSB, I don't know what it is but I am never able to view photos on the kodakgallery website. I get to the sight and then get the message that the photos are not available. Frustrating. Maybe is is the firewall my SIL put on my computer or something. Take care!
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 08:27 PM

Love, I sent you the link in an email. Maybe it will work that way
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 08:43 PM

Hi Scarlett, just got your email and it works!!! Thank you so much. Will watch it right now. Big hugs. And thanks OSB for sharing this with us.
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 09:29 PM

OldSouthernBelle and Scarlett, thank you so much...fascinating photos for sure. I don't know when photos have touched me the way these did. I am speechless. We have all seen the TV videos but these photos truly give a review of this calamity as no video could.

Again OldSouthernBelle, thank you for posting this website and Scarlett, thank you for working it out so I could see them. Hugs to you both.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 06:08 AM

Hmm, interesting... I looked at these pictures last night about 1:00 am, and sent the link to my sisters so they could see them too. One just wrote me to say that it says the pictures are unavailable - I just tried to look at them again, and the link I used last night isn't working anymore, it just says the album is unavailable. My husband suggested that maybe the link was getting too much traffic, and Kodak took the album down. If so, it's a shame, because it was a fascinating and moving account, and very informative to see so many pictures of the actual damage to a beloved city.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

I am sorry they took it off, but was honestly surprised that someone, who had obviously put so much effort into it, GAVE it away, instead of trying to make a buck!
Which, I now wonder if that will be the case...possibly he realized he 'had something'.

Sorry if this sounds cynical.

LoveItaly (who NEVER sounds cynical!):
Sorry you had trouble pulling it up but glad Scarlett had the 'know how' and spirit to help you out!

I have the same problem with certain website links...I'm sure it's because of the firewall DS placed on my computer! Seems to be no rhyme or reason, (to me...but I'm sure there MUST be).

I'll let you know if they come back up on the site that I got them from...I have notified them as well and there are some superior computer whizzes on that site!

Belle
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 10:34 AM

Hello everyone, Scarlett emailed the website last night and I was able to view the photos.
Just checked, via Scarlett's email to me this morning and received the message that this album in not available. So guess it was pulled?
Belle, I get cynical sometimes too, LOL. Thanks again or sharing, wish more Fodorites could have seen these photos.