Notices

Still can't post a reply

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still can't post a reply

I've tried yesterday and today to post replies, but absolutely nothing happens; I'm guessing it has something to do with the new format, which for me varies from ads along the right side to no ads, but text extending to the right beyond my ability to read without using the bar at the bottom, quite an annoyance. I shall wait patiently until it all gets straightened out, unless someone has any hints for me.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 08:41 AM

Although you probably won't be able to post a reply here to answer, I'm not sure what you mean by "can't post a reply". How far do you get before the process fails, and what happens when it fails?

My only thought so far is that the "post a reply" button is waaaaaay down below the message if the thread only has 1 or 2 posts in it, so maybe you're not looking in the right place for it. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and see if it's there.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 03:39 PM

I replied to a post yesterday that never showed up.

Ads on the side---YUCK!
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:40 PM

I know this isn't specifically what this thread was about. But since it is about posting problems, I'm going to go ahead and tack this on here.

The other day someone mentioned their responses not causing the thread to go to the top. Others responded saying they'd had the same problem and had to hit "refresh" several times. Well, for what it's worth, I've noticed that that's much more likely to happen to me when I click on "preview my reply" rather than just posting. Just an observations.

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:41 PM

Sorry, should be "observation", no s!
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 01:00 AM

Hi CAPH, that is interesting as I too have noticed that my post does not automatically bring the thread to the top as it should. I have noticed that if I click "Talk" then click the particular board, ie "United States" that when I returned to the US Board for example then the thread is at the top. But if I don't do that the thread stays where it original was before I posted.

What a pain!
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 04:04 AM
iceeu2

likeswords, several months ago I could not post to fodors..I tried and tried for about 2 solid weeks..thought they had put a k-bash on me for some reason. I even emailed fodors, and they said nope, you are fine, we didn't do it.

Then one day, wala, it started working again. Computers are weird animals, aren't they?