Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Stellarossa: Anyone been to Galesville, Wisconsin?
Notices

Stellarossa: Anyone been to Galesville, Wisconsin?

Jan 3rd, 2001, 03:03 AM
Tony Hughes

Stellarossa: Anyone been to Galesville, Wisconsin?

After doing some research, it would appear that this town is a reputed site of the Garden of Eden and it may be fun to see what the place looks like today. Has anyone been there?

Jan 5th, 2001, 07:57 PM
Becca

Tony~

Galesville, WI is a tiny town(maybe 1000 people?) in western Wisconsin. The city that it is most near is La Crosse, a really nice place to visit - I go to college in La Crosse, so I should know.

This whole area of the state is so beautiful, it is unglaciated, meaning the glacier never went through here, so we have miles and miles of rolling bluffs, or as we call them, coulees. Trempleau and La Crosse County are both situated against the Mississippi river, the largest river in the US. Some, even go as far to say we are "God's Country", although some Texans might disagree with that....

I'm sorry I can't help you more with the Garden of Eden, but if you have any desire in all at seeing La Crosse or anywhere in Wisconsin, feel free to email me or post. I grew up near Madison so I could also help with that area too.

www.travelwisconsin.com This is the official WI department of tourism page and it's really great.

Again, if you have any questions, I would be more than willing to help.

Becca In Wisconsin

Search this Thread