Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   STAYING IN SEDONA (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/staying-in-sedona-143707/)

joanie Jan 20th, 2002 03:30 AM

STAYING IN SEDONA

I will be vacationing in Sedona the last week of April. I have a room booked at L'auberge in the Orchards part. This was a hotel package booked through my travel agent where there was very little selection, and L'auberge seemed to be the best of the ones offered. After reading through the postings here, it seems that everyone seems to suggest Enchantment or Sky Ranch Lodge. The price that I have received for Enchantment on their website is $350 a night, which is more than I wanted to spend. At Sky Ranch Lodge I can get a cabin for $179 a night, which with tax is about the same as L'auberge. Would I be better off to cancel and go to Sky Ranch Lodge instead? Which is the most convenient to shopping and places to eat?

Karen Jan 20th, 2002 03:19 PM

Shopping and restaurants, without driving, are closer to The Orchards. You will have to drive to all places from Sky Ranch...is is hilltop by the airport.

steve Jan 20th, 2002 05:02 PM

My wife and I were in Sedona last week. We spent the first two nights at Enchantments. $250 a night for a room with fireplace and large bathtub. They also have better deals on their regular rooms. If you stay three nights I think it's $690 with breakfasts included. Our last night we stayed at Lauberge in a cabin on the creek. Totally different feel. Enchantments is in a very beautiful red rock canyon and the hiking nearby is great. L'auberge is in 'town' (if you could call it that) and was less crowded. The restaurant at L'auberge was great. All in all, they are very different experiences, but we enjoyed both. Don't choose L'auberge because it's in town. The town is spread out, and there really isn't much going on. If you like hiking, Enchantments is a great choice. If you prefer sitting by a stream, L'auberge is the one to choose. One thing that did piss me off about L'auberge was that for our package they advertised that a gourmet breakfast was included. When you get there they tell you that you can only get a credit for $12- for breakfast, which is enough for juice, coffee and a piece of toast. Hardly gourmet! <BR><BR>On another note, Dahl and Deluca was very good for Italian. It's on 89A, about one mile south of the Y.<BR><BR>Enjoy.

Karen Jan 20th, 2002 07:14 PM

The Orchards is part of L'Auberge, but is not called L'Auberge, is not by the creek, doesn't have the restaurant as part of the package...The Orchards is located off the main road of town and has fabulous views out the room windows, has pretty rooms and is less expensive(but not cheap) that L'Auberge.

Robin Jan 23rd, 2002 09:20 AM

My husband, son and I just returned from Sedona. We stayed at the Southwest Inn for $99.00. Great value. It is on 89A. Nice clean rooms with a fireplace and a nice free continental breakfast. For a few more $$'s they have rooms with a beautiful view. We were only there for one night. Drove up from Phoenix. We ate at a local restaurant called The Hideaway. Great food at a very reasonable price. We ate lunch at the Cowboy Restaurant. It is in the town on Sedona. Good Buffalo burgers.