COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Staying in Scottsdale and need a place to eat

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Tiffany

Staying in Scottsdale and need a place to eat

We will be at the Camelback Inn for one night and are looking for a nice place to eat. Around $20 - $30 would be good and a place that is unique to the area. Something that is easy to get to from the Camelback would be nice. I remember tons of posts about the restaurant where they put ties on the ceiling, but I can't find them now.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 06:59 AM
May

Easy to get to meaning you'll have a car but don't want to have to navigate, or meaning you won't have a car?

If you do have a car, Scottsdale is among the easiest cities to navigate (and Camelback Inn is not far from Scottsdale Road, which is the main route you'd want), so a 2-4 mile drive is not really a challenge.
There are a number of good choices in that price range.
The "tie" place is Pinnacle Peak Patio. It's a bit of a hike, but doable.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 08:59 AM
L

There are a few Pinnacle Peak restaurants in So Cal (San Dimas & Grand Terrace/Riverside) as well. They do the tie cutting as well so it's not unique to Phoenix. But it's a decent meal and kind of fun for a first timer.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Karen

You can't beat Camelback Inn itself, but within walking distance, on the same side of Lincoln Drive, is El Chorro, one of our oldest and most popular restaurants. It has American food, steaks, fish, chops, etc. and you can eat outside or inside. It is an very easy walk, you could even go for Sunday breakfast.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 04:27 AM
Tiffany

We will have a car. I am pretty good with directions, but it makes me feel better knowing that it is easy to get around. What type of food does the Camelback serve? Prices? El Chorro sounds interesting. Is it Mexican?

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 08:05 AM
gbs

Camelback Inn itself is not known for its great food - only convenience. I would definitely go elsewhere and there are many, many good choices.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 01:37 PM
act

check out "scottsdale in February" website. Posted earlier this year. Great infor on things to do, see, eat, etc.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 01:37 PM
act

i meant scottsdale in Feb posting on this site.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Ken

I agree that the Camelback Inn is not the place you'll want to eat if you're visiting. Only if you simply can't leave the hotel for some reason.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 07:35 PM
jimmy

Old Town Tortilla Factory

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 06:29 AM
fran

A great place to eat is the Havana Cafe on Camelback Rd around 40th Street. They have Cuban and Spanish food that is delicious.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Terry

Try restaurant.com for more help.