Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Staying in Peach Springs-Hualapai Lodge or GC Caverns Inn?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2003, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed in either one? Is either more easily accessible? From what I've gathered GC Caverns is about $40 in November for a double and Hualapai would be more like $80. Is Hualapai much nicer? This will be the first night of our honeymoon trip before hiking into Havasu Canyon the next day. Thanks!
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:29 AM

Hi. We have stayed at Hualapi twice. It is nice. It was recently built and has the desk for the Hualapi River Runners, Colorado river trip. In my opinion this is the best place to stay before going down into Havasu, especially for your honeymoon, you will be more comfortable. It is one hour from the hotel to trailhead. The road is straight and clear and some people greatly exceed the speed limit, because you are the only one there. What a great honeymoon idea, have a fabulous time.
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 04:55 AM

We stayed at the Hualapia Lodge last May. We were pleasantly surprised about how nice it was. Our room was very clean and everything appeared to be quite new. Like you, we stayed here the night before a hike into Havasu. The falls there are amazing! Are you staying in the lodge at Havasupai or are you camping?
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Do either of you have the phone number of the lodge? I can't find it anywhere. Once we get down into Havasu canyon we are camping out. We wanted to stay at the lodge but it's all booked up. Will likely be very cold in early November overnight!
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:33 PM

http://pnilz.pni.com/grandcanyonwest/lodge.html- this is the info for the Hualapai Lodge.
http://www.haughey.com/havasupai/brochures/lodge.htm- this is the info for the Havasu Lodge.