I am travelling with my partner (we are 23 years old) and wondering whether it is best to stay in the Hollywood area or Santa Monica? We will be in LA for 3 nights and plan to see the standard tourist attractions as it is our first time (Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Staples Center, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier and others based on 'must-see places' on forums). We plan to spend a day at Universal Studios so that considerably cuts our available sightseeing time. With a spread of sights in Hollywood and Santa Monica, we can't decide where we should stay? I have sorted out accommodation within our budget for both areas but don't know which one to cancel! We won't be hiring a car so will be relying on public transport or maybe even a HOHO bus for 48 hours
Any help would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Muir Woods - new rules
- 2 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 3 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 4 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 5 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 6 meridian
- 7 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 8 4 days in San Diego
- 9 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 10 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 11 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 12 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 13 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 14 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 15 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 16 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 17 Family winter holiday
- 18 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 19 Galveston
- 20 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 21 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 22 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 23 Train Journey, SFO to SEA
- 24 Padre Islands
- 25 NYC hotels...asked often but would like suggestions