Reload this Page >

Staring from Sedona should we fit in ZION

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 04:01 AM
Judy

We are planning a trip to GC with our base in Sedona. Should we just stop at Lake Powell page or go directly to ZION. What is the driving time from Page to Zion?

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:55 AM
toldham

just got back (this fall) from going to zion and bryce from las vegas--zion is about a 3 hour drive from law vegas--it is quite spectacular adn worth a long trip to see, particularly if you don't hav to hurry through

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 01:02 PM
linda

My husband & I went from LV to 3 nites at the North Rim (drove through Zion) we did not get to Bryce but hope to next trip. We stopped at Lake Powell and took a half day float trip which was a great way to break up the trip(2 weeks). We saw the colorado river from a whole different perspective - saw 5 eagles and their huge nest. I highly recommend this trip. From there we drove south to Sedona for 3 nights and then to Phoenix for 1 nite then home to Baltimore. We are going back next moth to tour the Southeast part of Az. Hope this info helps -

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Dr. Al

Judy,

Zion's pretty big, I think you should fit in there just fine.

Dr. Al

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:21 PM
jd

I'd skip Sedona, start at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (if it's after 5/15), and definitely try to go to Zion and Bryce.

Lake Powell itself is no big wup, but Rainbow Bridge (only accessible by boat or backpacking) is one of the great spots on the planet.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:44 PM
LakePowell

jd:
If one were to be travelling though southern Utah, would you recommend a stop at the Wahweap Lodge @Lake Powell?
Should this be included in one's itinerary?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:22 PM
Utahtea

It's about 120 miles and will take about 2 1/2 hours from Page to Zion Canyon. It's a beautiful drive past Lake Powell. Unless you take a boat ride on Lake Powell then the most you will be able to do is sit for a short time and enjoy the view of the Lake. I would at least drive by Lake Powell.

Utahtea

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:50 PM
gale

We are traveling in august from Pheonix to sedona to GC hopefully to zion and then on to vegas. How far is the North rim from sedonia? Is there anywhere to stay close to the North rim that would be half the distance? Anything in Zion other than the lodge in case they are booked? We plan to travel to vegas in 4-5 days with overnights. Any comments would be helpful. thanks

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 09:17 PM
Utahtea

Gale,

Is there a reason you want to go to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon? The south rim is more dramatic and there is much more to see.

Why not go to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, there are many motels just south of the entrance at Tusayan. This is only 118 miles from Sedona and would give you time to explore the South Rim. Then it's only 138 miles to Page and Lake Powell or 254 miles from the S. Rim to Zion. I would highly recommend at least driving by Lake Powell. It has to be the most beautiful lake I've ever seen.

There are many modern motels just outside the entrance of Zion in Springdale, Utah. The lodge inside has great views, but Springdale has some pretty good ones too.

If you want to go to the N. Rim it's 239 miles from Sedona. The roads are slower going than the other route. Zion is only 121 miles from the N. Rim.

Utahtea