Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

St. Marie Hotel or Dauphine Orleans in New Orleans

Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:06 PM
Tina

Will be in NO in mid July. The Hotel St. Marie has summer special of $99 per night for balcony room. Dauphine has $89 per night but cannot gaurantee a balcony room. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels. Thanks

Old May 4th, 2002, 04:27 AM
St Marie

Stayed at the St Marie about 5 years ago. It's a wonderful little hotel. Can't compare it to the Dauphine though. But $99 is an excellent price.

Know that with a balcony room comes interrupted sleep all night and morning long!!!

Old May 4th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Cheryl

Tina, do a search of both hotels...you will get a lot of info. Threads about NO hotels are constantly posted here.

I've stayed at the Dauphine and it was great. I just had a basic room (no view) but it had the most comfortable king sized bed, fluffy robes to wear, and a nice (free) continental breakfast in a small atrium overlooking the courtyard and pool. Also, they have a van service and will drop you off anywhere in the French Quarter. There are courtyards, many original buildings, and it has quite a history. I would definitely stay there again. Have a great time!

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:08 AM
gail

We enjoyed the Dauphene also, not for the room..it was o.k., but for the location, pool, hot tub and courtyard. Wish we would have eaten there too. Sounds good according to other posts.

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Bons

Stayed at the Dauphine last year. Had standard room, second story above the pool. Very nice room & quiet. Have stayed on Boubon St before and much preferred this location. Still close to Bourbon, but much quieter. Great little bar on site, learned alot about area from bartender Jeff. Small workout room, you'll need it to work off all that great food!!

Old May 4th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Keith

Stayed at the Dauphine Orleans and loved it. Make sure you go to the lounge. Great selections of single malts and small batch bourbons. The bartender we talked with told about some of the history of the hotel. Agree with being quiet for a hotel in the French Quarter but close enough to Bourbon Street.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 12:09 PM
John

I split 3days in AstorCrownPlaza,3 days H.St. Marie. I would make sure that balcony overlooks courtyard as you can't really see anything from those overlooking street. Towels are very thin so ask for extra. No real room service and calls are $. Its 1/2 block from bourban st. The courtyard is decent.