Notices

Spring break in New Orleans?

Oct 1st, 2012, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Spring break in New Orleans?

HI,

After years of lurking, I have finally registered and joined. My husband and I -- late to mid-50s -- are planning to spend a week or so in the New Orleans area next March. To my horror, I suddenly thought of Spring Break, which is so totally NOT what we want.

Does anyone know if New Orleans is involved in the collegiate Spring Break scene, and if so, when?

We want to go after Mardi Gras and before the Easter holidays, so end of March seemed like a good time, as the weather should be good as well.

Thanks!

Greenway
Oct 8th, 2012, 02:58 PM

No, New Orleans is not involved in the collegiate Spring Break scene. You may have groups of college kids come in but not at any particular time. I have never noticed hoards of college kids at all actually. Even during Mardi Gras, which can be the rowdiest, you have all types, nationalities, and ages.
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM

One more thing. March is a good time to come to New Orleans. It is not hot and we usually have very pleasant weather with flowers blooming.
Since we don't have beaches, I guess that is why we don't get the college kids. It is best to Google "New Orleans in March" and see if there are any big events taking place on the dates you plan to visit. I can't think of any of our big festivals in March (Jazz Fest is in April) and Mardi Gras is early in 2013, but there are always things happening here.

Search this Thread