Marriage in anchorage HELP

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marriage in anchorage HELP

I know this is not really related to a trip haha but i figured I'd try. So my finace will be moving me up there to be with him. He has gotten started on all of the paperwork but we still have to get married. And in order for our paperwork to be finished we have to have our marriage license so he can move off post (JBER) and so we can get the marital benefits. So when we get married in the courthouse how long do you think it'll take for our stuff to be processed and for us to get our license? Is anyone familiar with the marriage system in anchorage? Any information would help
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:14 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
There's a three-day waiting period between the application being received and the license being issued. You can get married the minute you get the license. No blood tests or anything like that. You both have to be 18+.

You'll get a marriage certificate immediately if you're married in the courthouse. It might be a temporary one, with the final one mailed later - it's been a long time since I got married in the Anchorage courthouse. Oh, and they've all been wonderful years.

Congratulations!
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Oh my gosh! thank you so much, very helpful: ) If anyone has anything to add that would be great
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 01:22 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Things may have changed since I was married on base (and mine were't quite so wonderful ) - but we got married on a weekend and had to wait til Monday to get my ID/benefits.

Presumably - if you get married at the court house it would be a weekday so you should be able to go straight to the base and process your ID/etc.

Congratulations
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I am so excited and everyone is such a big help