Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Special Windows in the Rooms at the Princeville (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/special-windows-in-the-rooms-at-the-princeville-359860/)

Ashley24 Sep 19th, 2003 03:23 PM

Special Windows in the Rooms at the Princeville

I just saw an ad for the Princeville and it showed a lady taking a bath with an outstanding view of Hanalei Bay from the tub. Do all the bathrooms have that special window? Do they all have a view of the outside or just the rest of the bedroom? If only some rooms have that marvelous view, which category rooms would they be??? Looks wonderful to me!!!

Ryan Sep 19th, 2003 04:12 PM

Not sure about all the rooms, but the suites definately have that feature. The rooms that overlook Hanalei Bay are in the wing of the hotel that is on the cliff, essentially on the same level as the main reception. As we had a great sunset view in our suite, I would suggest that you get a room that faces west.

Most of the hotel in built below the cliff. I'm not sure how many of those rooms have a bay view as most of those rooms seem to face east.

scott_s Sep 20th, 2003 03:54 AM

We had a deluxe ocean room, there was a large window in the shower that looked into the rest of the hotel room and also the outside. In other words, the shower window was not up against the outside, but you can still see the view of the outside from the shower.

Ashley24 Sep 20th, 2003 05:30 AM

The window wasn't in the tub, but the shower instead?? Is that true for all of the rooms?

scott_s Sep 20th, 2003 11:37 AM

Shower and tub are the same, I do not think that you could see the view while sitting in the tub. Also keep in mind that if you do take a shower while watching the view, anyone in your room (kids/husband) can be watching you take your shower.

Nancy03 Sep 20th, 2003 11:48 AM

I have found the staff at the Princeville to be very helpful on the phone or by email. Why don't you call them about their website photo and ask them what kind of room it is that this picture was taken from. I'm sure they will respond to you quickly.

Ryan Sep 20th, 2003 04:42 PM

From our room, you could see the sunset while sitting in the tub.

hotandsweaty Sep 20th, 2003 06:50 PM

there is a switch on the glass that "makes" it opaque or not, depending. as above poster mentioned, when you see that view, you are looking from the bathroom across your room and out the window, so whoever is IN the room with you can see in. there were also shutters, as i recall, but it was a long time ago...

Ashley24 Sep 21st, 2003 06:27 AM

Ryan,
Was the window also looking through the room or was it directly to the outside?

Ryan Sep 21st, 2003 09:33 AM

In our suite, turning the "windown on" allowed you to see the sunset with the glass clear. I don't recall that it impacted the bathroom door.

As previously suggested, your best bet is to send the hotel an e-mail or just call them.