Search

Spas on Big Island?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Daria

Spas on Big Island?

Hello. My husband and I are leaving for the Big Island on 8/31. We are staying 7 nights in Kona, 1 night in Volcano and 1 night in Hilo. I'd like to go to a spa near Kona that offers day services (i.e. we have our hotels booked, so I just want the facial, message, etc.) Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, I am aware that the Four Seasons has a spa, but does anyone know if they offer their services to people who aren't staying there? Thank you!

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Deb C

Aloha!

Haven't heard about the Four Seasons Spa, but I've been to the Kohala Spa at the Hilton Waikoloa which was very nice. Their private "women's only" section had a spacious open air area with chaise lounges and jacuzzi. Very relaxing and peaceful ambience. Most hotels allow non-guests to use their spa services.

Enjoy!

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 04:16 PM
ldsant

I went to the Big Island in April and had an "on the beach" massage at the Orchid. It was absolutely incredible! The most relaxing massage I've ever had. I believe they allow non-guests to use the spa. Teresa was my massage therapist and she was absolutely wonderful. I'd recommend it - you're looking right out onto the ocean (covered in a cabana) while you're getting massaged - you can hear the waves, ahh. . .blissed out just thinking about it!

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 04:26 PM
natalie

I second the Orchid beach massage. The most relaxing massage I've ever had. Take me back!

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 07:43 PM
Daria

Thanks for the help. I found out that the Four Seasons spa is only open to hotel guests and residents of Hawaii. But, the Orchid is open to others. I think I am going to go with that one unless anyone else has any additional suggestions. Thanks again.