Reload this Page >

Spa Getaway in Northeast?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 04:47 PM
Ruth

Can anyone recommend a location for a long weekend spa getaway in the northeast (New England/mid-Atlantic)? Thanks.

Old Dec 10th, 1999, 11:09 AM
barb

A few years ago I went with 2 friends to Nemacolin in Pa. Gorgeous facility, very luxurious, exercise classes, golf, tennis, indoor an outdoor pool + massages, facials, manicures, etc. Great food with a "spa menu". They have a beautiful lodge which might be expensive. We rented a small condo on the grounds (short walk from the main area) and paid for services. Much, much, much more basic are two in W. Va. - Coolfont and The Woods. Both can be pretty at the right time of year. Coolfont has a web page (coolfont.com). There's also a Canyon Ranch in the Berkshire mountains in Mass. I think its pretty expensive but the grounds are gorgeous.

Old Dec 10th, 1999, 11:24 AM
michele

Ruth,
I have read wonderful reviews of THE NORWICH INN AND SPA in Norwich, Connecticut. You may contact them at:
www.norwichinnandspa.com OR 607 West Thames Street, Route 32
Norwich, Ct 06360.

Old Dec 10th, 1999, 12:38 PM
howard

The number one place is Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires in Massachusetts. It's expensive, but great! 800-742-9000.

Old Dec 11th, 1999, 06:31 AM
edie

try spafinder.com you can type in where you want the spa to be near, your price range, etc, and they give you a list of responses. me and a friend are taking another friend to The Spa at Grand Lake, in Ct. for her 30th bday, in april. i will let you all know how we like it. we found it on spa finder, and it fit our budget and location, halfway between boston and NY

Old Dec 19th, 1999, 05:29 AM
sista

Thanks...this info has been helpful. As a Xmas gift, I have purchased a gift certificate from spafinders that can be used at multiple locations. Running back to the top to see if I can get even more information.