Reload this Page >

NEWPORT,R.I., Best Western Atlantic Beach or The Inn At Newport Beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Lori

We have four days in Newport, after a H.S. reunion in Ct., during August. Any of you folks have any insight into either of these spots, or perhaps another recommendations. We've decided we would rather be on the beach, have a 13 year old and will have a car.
Thanks for the opinions!
Lori

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 07:33 PM
Beth

I have stayed at the Best Western Atlantic Beach on the Middletown line. It is fairly new and right across the street from the beach, and down the road from the Cliff Walk. It was very convenient, clean, comfortable and reasonable, but not fancy or charming. It has an odd appearance - sort of on "stilts" with the main lobby up a flight, and access to rooms from outdoor hallways. Our family was lucky enough to get upgraded to a suite which had two king beds in one bedroom, a living room, dining area, and kitchenette on the top floor. No pool.
We had two excellent dinners there: one right across the street, and one down the road towards the center at an Italian rest w/ outdoor seating. My kids also LOVED the interactive murder mystery show performed at one of the mansions on the weekend.
Hope this info helps.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 04:52 AM
Lori

Thanks Beth, that's very helpful info. The Inn st Newport Beach, anyone????
Lori

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:58 AM
lori

How about the Inn at Newport Beach?...Anyone????
Thanks, Lori

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 10:25 AM
D.

Lori,

I stayed at The Inn at Newport Beach 2 years ago and while it is a nice hotel. It is not near the downtown Newport Area. It is about a 2 mile walk from downtown. While you may be able to drive, you may not be able to find parking. Make sure you tour some of the Mansions while in Newport. They are amazing, as are the stories that go with them. Have Fun!