South road trip

Aug 15th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Original Poster
South road trip

Hi guys, I am planing a trip (9days)in first week of November from New Jersey, we are avid travelers and love explore new places every time,
I need help in planning a itinerary from New Jersey to New Orleans,
I was thinking ...rough itinerary
Sat morning ....leave early morning for 8 Hours ....stopover (some place we can explore)
Sunday drive straight to New Orleans
We plan on staying there for 3 days,
On the way back I want to visit either Mississippi/Alabama/Kentucky/Tennessee

So I want help in shaping up the itieneny that's not too much and helps us to explore diff states in less time, we are avid road trippers and would appreciate yr help in shaping up the best route/itiniery
Thanks a bunch
Aug 15th, 2017, 08:16 AM
From personal experience, NJ to Charlotte NC on I81 is 11 hours but not a difficult 11.
Charlotte to NOLA--another 11 All interstate to make the distance.
So you are at 5 days and returning will take your 4 days if you are going to do any sightseeing but it will be fast.
Looking at the Google map, you might want to do a little sightseeing through Tennessee and Mississippi on the eay down and then just beat it back to NJ from NOLA in the two days it takes.!3e0
Aug 15th, 2017, 08:31 AM
I would do sightseeing on the way there and back to break up the drive. The fastest route is 20 hours so the idea to start early morning, drive 8 hours and stop then do the rest the next day is not the best idea. You'll arrive in New Orleans tired from a 12 hour drive with zero motivation to do anything.

Break it up into 3 days driving to get there, 3 days in NO and 3 days to return. What kind of things interest you? Museums, history, scenery, music...etc?

Search this Thread