Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

South Beach Miami Hotel and Restaurants for Four 22-year olds

Jun 11th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Hi,
Please help with recommendations for four 22 year-olds wanting to stay on South Beach end of August for two nights, prior to a cruise.
They think they want to stay at Delano but I hear it is more for 30 year olds, and up....also quite pricey....in other words, a bit older crowd??

Love some ideas on any hotels on South Beach where they could all stay in one room, maybe 2 queens instead of 2 doubles or a sofa pullout sleeper, not too too expensive but maybe 4 star or so, good location, safe. What about The Shore Club, Loew's, Ritz, Bentley, Raleigh, Standard? But some have small small rooms....
Also, good restaurant recommendations for meals, including lunch, etc. not just dinner....not too too pricey...maybe a nice steak place, too though.
Any while I am at it, clubs that age would love!
Sorry for all of the questions and many thanks.

Jennifer
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:19 AM

The Cleveland seems to be the place to be. Things change so fast however!
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:34 AM

What is your budget? Most of the hotels you listed will be $500+ per night.

My favorites of the ones you listed are the Shore Club and the Raleigh. If you don't stay at the Shore Club, you should hit the Sky Bar at least one evening. The Raleigh is also doing Friday happy hours from 5-9 now.

Check out the Gansevoort South hotel. It's newly opened, very hip with lots of great pool and bar areas. Since it's newly opened, I believe you can still get introductory rates. The Townhouse hotel may be another option, they have a great roof deck.

I've stayed at the Marseilles on Collins Ave, it's a great low cost option, right on the beach, and they have a nice happy hour.

For dinners, I'd recommend Bond St for sushi and the O Asian Grill on Lincoln Rd. For breakfast and lunch, I like Van Dyke's on Lincoln Rd and the Front Porch Cafe on Ocean Dr.

As for clubs, you should try to hit the Florida Room at the Delano. Great for celebrity sightings but get there early (by 11pm) so you can get in. Set and Mokai are also really hot right now. Have fun!
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:55 AM

I had a very nice dinner at Nemo. If money isn't an issue, they can eat really, really well in South Beach.
Jun 12th, 2008, 07:13 AM

Wyatt92 was right on with his suggestions. The Standard has a good pool vibe, but its not right on the beach, but rather a ten block walk to it. You might want to take a look at the Sagamore, National, or even the Surfcomber. Just a couple of blocks from the beach is the Albion. Budget choices might be the Clinton, Winterhaven, or Surfcomber. For nightclubs try Aero or Cameo. Lounge around at Buck15 or Rokbar. Affordable eats and good people-watching at Balans or Nexxt on Lincoln. Inexpensive eats, but good Cuban food at Puerto Sagua.
Jun 12th, 2008, 07:27 AM

My vote is to visit the Delano & have a drink by the pool (or IN the pool - they usually have a table set up in the zero-entry end). You can sit or if lounging couches are available, lay down! For dinner, try Mango's - crowded but happening.