Search

South Beach hotel near Miami port!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Beach hotel near Miami port!

Hello everyone,
I am going on a cruise out of the Miami port and i need a hotel for the night before.I would like something either with a nice pool or near the beach and not too expensive. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 07:19 AM

If you're trying to get one in South Beach, you're going to have a hard time meeting all those criteria. When are you going, and how much per night are you willing to spend?

Here's a short list of hotels I'd be happy with-- but you may find them a little expensive:

-- The Hotel
-- The National
-- The Cardozo
-- Royal Palm Crowne Plaza
-- Loews Miami Beach
-- The Winterhaven

Also bear in mind that the older, Deco-era hotels will have small rooms and eentsy bathrooms. If you're one of those tourists who gets bent out of shape if the john isn't 400 square feet and lined with Carrara marble, these are not the properties for you.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 09:49 AM
GoTravel

When are you going on your cruise? Christmas, Thanksgiving or January through April prices are expensive. Fall and summer you can get a great hotel for $50 on priceline.

Old Nov 19th, 2003, 12:03 PM

The hotels closest to the Port of Miami will be any hotels south of 5th Street (or SoFi as they call it.)

Most of the hotels don't have pools since all the hotels are 2 blocks to the beach or less. Also be advised that South Beach hotels tend to have very small rooms.

I had a nice stay at the Blue Moon and got a really good deal through Quikbook.com. They usually have good rates for hotels in South Beach. Let us know when you are travelling and that would give us a better idea of what to recommend.

Old Nov 19th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

I will be traveling the week of January 12th and most likely be staying in Miami on the 15th. I was hoping to spend around $100. I am not too picky about space, as long as its clean. Thank you for all your help
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 09:14 AM

I'm going on a cruise returning on 12/13- I went to HotelKingdom.com and got the Hotel Rionde, on South Beach, Collins Ave, with a pool for a mere $68/night. Howzat?
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 09:32 AM

The Riande Continental is not on my list due to its lack of "deco-ness" and a certain lack of charm. However, it's in a good location, it's on the beach, it's clean and it's cheap! For a place to simply sleep, wash up and change clothes, it's just fine.